Sunday, September 19, 2010

Ugbrooke Country Estate Marlborough NZ




I have been meaning to write this entry for a bout 10 weeks now... very slack I know. This is the gorgeous place Adam and I stayed while honeymooning in New Zealand in June.
Winter in the Marlborough region is pretty quiet. The grape vines are dormant and the rain sets in. However, we were fortunate enough to enjoy some sunshine and I personally found the russet hues of the vines simply stunning.

I would, however, love to go back when they are so pregnant with fruit it's delicious!

Our hosts at Ugbrook, Alex and Peter were fabulous. We enjoyed wonderful hospitality and due to it being the low season, we really were in our own peaceful country retreat. Perfect for a honeymoon.

So a big thank you to Alex and Peter and also to Stef the Chef who kept us so well fed we didn't want to leave. We hope to see you again some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment